The road accident stats in Colorado are far greater than they were in 2018. The year-by-year increase ever since has been alarming. In fact, the number has been on a steep incline after 2011. The most worrying situation, however, is the financial burden that the victim is left with. Not just the guilty parties try to rub their hands off the victim, insurance companies try to do the same. That’s why legal counsel is necessary before accepting the peanuts that the insurance companies or the guilty party offer.
There’s a lot that you need to know about the road safety law in Colorado and why it is important to proceed only as per the suggestion of your lawyer. Dive in for more information!
Types of Road Accidents and the Conditions Where You’re Eligible for Compensation
There are basically two categories of road accidents. One, when the collision of a car happens with a commercial truck or another car, and two, when a pedestrian or a motorcyclist collides with automobiles (cars or trucks). The different conditions where you can file a lawsuit against the guilty parties are as follows.
- If the accident happened because the other party was overspeeding or trying to overtake your vehicle.
- If the accident happened because the other party was drunk, talking on the phone, violating the traffic rules, and the worst, was under the influence of drugs.
- If the guilty party engaged you in a road rage due to reckless driving.
Now, no matter if the accident occurred in a freeway, highway, or even a parking lot, a car crash lawyer can file a lawsuit on your behalf and seek financial compensation to cover the expenses you’re being forced to bear despite you’re the victim. The extent of damage done to you decides what amount is the right compensation. The cases where the claim is maximum are as follows.
- If the accident was so serious that you are permanently disabled and won’t be able to work again.
- If the accident left you in such a physical and emotional state that you require therapies to recover.
- If the accident ended up killing your loved ones due to the severe extent of the injuries that were sustained.
The guilty party is liable to pay your medical bills and bear all other expenses concerning your treatment and the money you lose because you’re unable to work for a certain span of time.
Needless to say, you can’t expect any amount of justice all by yourself. You require car crash attorneys to fight for you. If you’re wondering who could be the best Car crash lawyer near me, you might want to contact the reputable lawyers in the Grand Junction firm!